Sunday, October 23, 2011

The highs and lows of day 3

After some TLC 304 left Puebla for a massive transit to the first stage. Navigation was hard work and I was again amazed by R's navigational abilities all the cars turned right ; Richard knw they are wrong, straight on was his call, a tough call to make. He was right. Arrived at the first stage in time and we did OK. It was fast zeros and ones and to be honest I didn't like it. Zero means virtually flat out and one means back off a little. I don't expect us to be quick. This was my fault, just didn't like it, too fast, didnt have my head in it. Second stage [Minerel De Chico] was totally different, very tight, very complex undulating through a forest. I loved it, the Jag loved it and I think R loved it too. You will have to ask him to be sure. Off to lunchtime service and a visit from Juan Manuel from Casta Motorsport and his delightful family. Juan sent us some disks for the car (he's raced the Carrera before) and dropped by. We're grateful he did because he made some adjustments to the Jag for the high altitude were at and she was far happier. After service we headed to the first speed section La Culata!!!! It all came together here and I have a feeling we were quick. As I type I'm trying to upload the in car video of the stage. We cant edit the video here as D's mac has died so you'll get the whole thing so start from about 4.5 Mins in. Today really was - Fantastic stuff. We worked as a team together today. Enjoyed it. A lot... Nick and the boys have got the service together but they dont seem to be getting much sleep....

Did I mention on the next stage the Jag overheated, I got anitfreeze in my face we had smoke inside the car and we limped home for another refit and missed the rest of the day but lets not talk about that shall we?

F

No comments:

Post a Comment