Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Gentle note-

Every time F and R get back from a days racing the immortal words of Mr Bridger from the Italian Job, spring to mind ‘are those the ones that broke my car!’ but with blood, sweat and beers (thanks to Top Shelf) we seem to be able to put it back together again before the next day’s racing,(by we- I mean Mr Nick of course) but F seems determined to keep us busy by destroying the car from the inside out, and after seeing the footage of the speed sections I now know why we have been so busy. I know which car I’d rather be in, even if Darrell (El Guapo) is driving but hey, I’m sure the kerbs and taxi drivers of Aguascalientes will recover from his visit.

We keep ourselves amused on the long night under the bonnet (hood I’ve been informed our American cousins call it) by communicating with each other in outrageous German accents which can be a little awkward as we always seem to be surrounded by them in our service areas we also have an inflatable spitfire hanging from the back of the van. I would like to think they are doing the same to us but as yet have seen no inflatable Fokker’s.

So we carry on and all going well ‘ze vaw vill not be over for us’ until we reach Zacatecus.

The Gent.

2 comments:

  1. 7am in Blighty.... Loads of updates this morning. Thought you'd been elimainted as I'm trying to follow the spanish 'results' pages on the official website. I posted the video link on my FB. anyone who's watched it has said it made them feel sick. Nearly there guys.... Cousin Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the last stretch to the finish, and congrat on the race thus far. I hope the Suburban is still in one piece, with Darrell behind the wheel :)

    ReplyDelete